Analysis of scientific truth
- What is science?
- Categories of truth in science
- Exact Sciences
- Non Exact Sciences
- The brances of science
- Normative sciences
- Physcial sciences
- Biological sciences
- Historical sciences
- Sociological sciences
- Relationship between the different sciences
- Bible and science
Model making in science
- Qualitative modal(Discriptive)
- Quantitative modal(Mathamatical)
- Values and Limits of modals
- Historical studies
Propaganda Techinques: Intro/Analysis
- Type of propaganda
- Introduction to Propaganda Techniques
- Fear of bad name(Insecuitry, Fear)
- Appeal Of good name(Security, allurement)
- Appeal to human authority(Transfer)
- Appeal to persuasion by individual(testimonails)
- Appeal to tricky implications(half truth & white lies)
- Ahe bandwagon/mob-mentality trick(Everybody's doing it)
- Card stacking(Outright deception)
- Titillation and teasing(fantasy manipulation)
- Combination of their techniques
Propaganda combined with mind manipulation (seduciton) Techniques
The Bad name techniques
- Mind Manupulation by repeated exposure to propaganda
First exposure > Shock And Recoil
Repeated Exposure > Reduciton of shock > permitting further exposure > desensitization > complete elimation of shock > tolerance(because shock is gone) > condoning > endorsing > Desiring > Longing > Doing it!!
- Mind manipulation by bypassing reason
Normal: Informaiton > Reason > Analysis > Action
Contrived Informaiton > Emotion dominated Reason > Emotion dominated Analysis > Emotion Controlled Action
Men: Worried about looks, abilities, achievements, authority and the respect they command.
Women: Beauty, looks, things owned, the opinion of others about their household, cooking and current fashion or trends
Teenagers: Male - Desire for "Macho, toughies, sensuous, suave, bold, cool etc..."
Female - Desire for "Beauty, splendor, pretty woman, style, enticing, etc..."
Propaganda Techniques and the theological radicals
- Analyzing/coubteribg propaganda
Questions to be asked:
Antidotes to mind manipulation through repeated exposure to propaganda
- Who is the propagandist?
- Whom is he serving? Or to whom is his loyalty? To you, himself or to his employers?
- What is his aim fo rindulging in this propaganda. is it to benefit you or someome else?
- To what human interests, desires emotions, or fears is he appealing?
- What techniques does he use?
- Are these techniques ethical or unethical? If unethical, is he a person of integrity?
- Is the propagandist objective, and does he present the whole truth? if not, why is he subjective and what motivates him to hide or suppress a part of the truth?
- Are you, or are you not, going to permit yourself to be influenced, manipulated and exploited by the tactics of the propagandist.
- Do the program i watch, the music i hear, and the books or maqazines that i read contain passages that can't be narrated when i sit with my family?
- What kind of a passage is that? discription of sex, sexual passions, or any kind of perverted activity?
- Do the passages under scrutiny are provied for information or are they there to arouse passions?
- What kind of passions come up in your mind when you are exposed to these audio/video/printed stories and description?
- Do they help you to become a better, cleaner and more mature person.